18th November 2005

Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer

posted in windows |

You ever wanted to have the nice Wallpaper Changer from Mac OSX for your Windows XP ? Now you can have it with a few simple steps.

1. Download this file rotator.zip. Extract it to any location you want. You will find a file called rot.htm and a folder pics/ containing 4 sample images.

2. Add your images to the pics/ folder and rename the image files to a#.jpg for example your 5th pic would have the name a5.jpg If you have many pictures you can use some Batch File Renamer like this one FileRenamer .

3. Edit the rot.htm file in the upper part. Insert the number of your images. If you have like 7 images you simply modify it to images = 7; . Save the changes.

4. Got to the Windows Desktop Wallpaper selection screen and simply chose the rot.htm . Done.

A demo (using IE) of this Application can be seen here(only IE, slow transition so have patience).

This entry was posted on Friday, November 18th, 2005 at 12:17 am and is filed under windows. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 23 responses to “Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

  1. 1 On March 14th, 2006, Trivick Nelson said: [Quote]

    Hi

    I wanted to use the wallpaper-changer for my desktop which has a resolution of 1680×1050. But when the wallpaper changes, the cpu load climbs up to 100% and the fade effect does very slowly.

    My Hardware:

    Dell Inspiron 6000 , Centrino Pentium M 1,5Ghz
    768MB DDR2-400 RAM
    Intel Integrated VGA

    It is not passible to run the wallpaper changer faster (With Grafics-Acceleration)?

    Greetings Nelson

  2. 2 On May 11th, 2006, Administrator said: [Quote]

    Nelson,

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/filter/reference/filters/blendtrans.asp

    There you can read more about the blendTrans filter that was used.
    I liked the slow transition speed, its smooth and not distracting. Edit it as you like.

    Regards, tom.

  3. 3 On November 19th, 2006, Stefan said: [Quote]

    how do you do step 4?

  4. 4 On April 5th, 2007, Mack said: [Quote]

    Thanks! I downloaded many wallpapers changer programs but none of them have the fade in and out effects.

  5. 5 On August 4th, 2008, Ron Hadley said: [Quote]

    Hello,

    When I extracted rotator.zip it created the pics folder on my desktop, but I cannot find the file rot.htm. I’ve searched the c: drive, but rot.htm doesn’t show up. Where would it have placed it?

    Also, I’m confused as to what you mean when you say “Edit the rot.htm file in the upper part.” What do you mean by “the upper part”? (Probably, if I could find and edit the rot.htm file, I’d see what you mean 🙂

    Thanks for your assistance.

    Ron H.

  6. 6 On March 7th, 2009, Kyrie said: [Quote]

    I understand how to do it on XP, but I’m currently using vista, and I don’t know how to set internet pages as my wallpaper on vista.

    thanks, if you have an answer, send it to my email at kyrie44@gmail.com, or post here.

    😀

  7. 7 On March 7th, 2009, Administrator said: [Quote]

    Kyrie on March 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

    I understand how to do it on XP, but I’m currently using vista, and I don’t know how to set internet pages as my wallpaper on vista.

    thanks, if you have an answer, send it to my email at kyrie44@gmail.com, or post here.

    😀

    In Vista this is not needed because it already offers some nice screen saver with crossfading.

    look here:
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2600/vista_screen_saver_from_photos_and_videos/

  8. 8 On March 9th, 2009, Pierre said: [Quote]

    Administrator on March 7, 2009 at 11:00 pm said:

    Kyrie on March 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

    I understand how to do it on XP, but I’m currently using vista, and I don’t know how to set internet pages as my wallpaper on vista.

    thanks, if you have an answer, send it to my email at kyrie44@gmail.com, or post here.

    😀

    In Vista this is not needed because it already offers some nice screen saver with crossfading.

    look here:
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2600/vista_screen_saver_from_photos_and_videos/

    Yes, but that’s for a crossfading screensaver, not desktop wallpaper.

  9. 9 On March 10th, 2009, Administrator said: [Quote]

    Pierre on March 9, 2009 at 1:32 am said:

    Administrator on March 7, 2009 at 11:00 pm said:

    Kyrie on March 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

    I understand how to do it on XP, but I’m currently using vista, and I don’t know how to set internet pages as my wallpaper on vista.

    thanks, if you have an answer, send it to my email at kyrie44@gmail.com, or post here.

    😀

    In Vista this is not needed because it already offers some nice screen saver with crossfading.

    look here:
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2600/vista_screen_saver_from_photos_and_videos/

    Yes, but that’s for a crossfading screensaver, not desktop wallpaper.

    http://jsbi.blogspot.com/2006/10/make-any-screensaver-as-your-desktop.html

    In Vista you can make any Screensaver to your Desktop Wallpaper. Many tutorials and howto-videos are out there.

  10. 10 On November 28th, 2013, Highly recommended Resource site said: [Quote]

    Highly recommended Resource site…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  11. 11 On December 11th, 2013, news.net.bz said: [Quote]

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer …

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer…

  12. 12 On March 24th, 2014, Mens Calvin Klein Underwear Cheap said: [Quote]

    Mens Calvin Klein Underwear Cheap…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  13. 13 On March 27th, 2014, Nike Air Max Oferta said: [Quote]

    Nike Air Max Oferta…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  14. 14 On April 11th, 2014, in my life beatles said: [Quote]

    in my life beatles…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  15. 15 On May 7th, 2014, macys coupon code benjamin fulford april 2012 said: [Quote]

    macys coupon code benjamin fulford april 2012…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  16. 16 On May 17th, 2014, Megapolis Hack said: [Quote]

    Megapolis Hack…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  17. 17 On June 10th, 2014, jumbo weight gainer said: [Quote]

    jumbo weight gainer…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  18. 18 On June 23rd, 2014, speaking presentations said: [Quote]

    speaking presentations…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  19. 19 On July 1st, 2014, icecreamthebook.com said: [Quote]

    icecreamthebook.com…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  20. 20 On July 25th, 2014, breast enhancement cost said: [Quote]

    breast enhancement cost…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  21. 21 On August 7th, 2014, voyage vietnam said: [Quote]

    voyage vietnam…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  22. 22 On August 13th, 2014, sport betting uk said: [Quote]

    sport betting uk…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

  23. 23 On August 15th, 2014, top minneapolis divorce attorney said: [Quote]

    top minneapolis divorce attorney…

    Cross Fade Wallpaper Changer » Pictures and Code…

Leave a Reply